Domain Name for authentication

Mar 18, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Hello,

In case I need to bind to multiple domains in the same forest, I'm using the username/password of a user in one of the specified domain. It usually works fine but I'd like to be able to specify the user domain.
I can't specify it in the component properties. If I try to login with domain\user or user@domain it's not working (wrong username or password).

How to specify the domain ? (Is a new component property DomainAccount can be created and populated) ?

Also in the documentation about multiple domains integration, are the extracts performed in // or just one after another ? In case it's one after another, how to do it in // (a lot of data to extracts) ?
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Hi,
I can confirm that domain\user format will not work.
The UPN style name user@fabrikam.com should work, I just tested it against 2 different environments. Could, you test this scenario again using the UPN style? Please, make sure that UseTaskSecurityContext is set to False. Also, just to eliminate a bunch of other potential issues (i.e. DNS, network, etc.), please ensure that you can execute your LDAP query against the target domain using Get-ADObject cmdlet.
Let me know how it goes, I may need to collect some debugging info from you to see why UPN style names do not work.

With respect to extracting data from multiple domains, the way it is documented here, the extraction will be handled sequentially.
For a good discussion on how to execute things in parallel in SSIS see this thread
Let me know if suggestions on the thread are not applicable to your scenario.

Thanks
Alex.
Mar 20, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Exact, it is working using the UPN format. It's a permission issue on the incriminated domain.

For // data loop, there is apparently no solution except buying the components linked to your link. What a shame MS didn't implement that directly.