New Boolean Error

Sep 23, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Alex,

I'm back again. :)

We've moved to testing our Boolean AD attributes. When the value is NULL, everything is fine. When the attribute contains a value, we get the following error.

[LDAP Source [2]] Error: System.ArgumentException: The "value" parameter must be a string or byte[] type.

It seems similar to the other special interpration properties such as GuidEncodedBinaryAttributes. Will one of those attributes apply in this case or does it need new code to add the Boolean case?

Thanks
Sep 8, 2015 at 2:54 PM
Hi Chris, Hi Alex,

I'm stuck on same issue, when I try to load Boolean attribute I'm getting same error. My only hope is that you might find some solution in last two years :-) Did you?

I would be really glad for any advice.

Regards, Ondrej
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2015 at 12:49 AM
Hi Ondrej,
What version of SQL Server are you using? I am going to try to add functionality to process Boolean values.
Thanks
Alex.
Sep 10, 2015 at 8:46 AM
Hi Alex,
I'm running on SQL Server 2012 and so I'm using your newest versions 1.4.0.6 plus 1.4.0.7. I tried to find all possible workarounds but with my low programing skills I end up with no solution. I really appreciate your willingness to help, because this LDAP SSIS Component is something amazing and after two years gathering data from AD in average time 10 hours it's something that can make my live much easier!!

Thanks a lot.

Ondrej
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2015 at 11:11 PM
Hi Ondrej,
Thank you for your kind words.
Could I ask you to send me some information on the AD attribute that the component is failing on. I would like to make sure that I test against the right scenario.
Thanks
Alex.
Sep 21, 2015 at 1:51 PM
Hi Alex,

I'm really sorry for my late reply, but I was on holidays with limited access to internet. I hope you didn't change your mind and you can still find little piece of your time for adding this functionality.

The best example of boolean attribute that I load from Active Directory is mDBUseDefaults (please find here official Microsoft definition). I know it's described as Exchange Server 2003 field, but we use it also as part of Active Directory in our company hierarchy.

Many thanks for your help!!

Best Regards

Ondrej