Can't include the "Address-Home" attribute in AD Source

Jun 3, 2013 at 2:46 PM
When I attempt to include the "Address-Home" attribute I receive the following error - "The output column "homePostalAddress" has a length that is not valid. The length must be between 0 and 4000. It appears the attribute field length is 4096 and the length on the unicode limit is 4000.

Limitation or is there a work around? I am thinking I may need to create a custom attribute of the appropriate size, but then wonder how that will look in a front end editor.
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM
I assume that the error actually happens when a row produced by the LDAP Source is being inserted into SQL table, is this correct?
If my assumption is correct, what is the datatype and length of the SQL column where homePostalAddress is being inserted? I suspect that we have a data size mismatch.
Let me know.
Jun 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I tested that out and the error occurs when the attribute is added to the AD domain part. I also created a test package. Added just the AD domain part, added "homePostalAddress", hit Save and Exit. Boom, got the error.

Is there anything else you'd like me to try?
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Hi Chris,
Let me make sure I understand this - you have a data flow task with only LdapSource component in it (with homePostalAddress) and when you save it you get this error (The output column "homePostalAddress" has a length that is not valid).
I was not able to reproduce this. What version of SQL are you using? Could you e-mail (alextc@microsoft.com) me the package (make sure to remove any sensitive data like usernames and passwords) before sending?
Thanks
Alex.
Jun 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Alex,

Sorry. Thought I messaged back last week. After your last post I setup a new test environment and couldn't duplicate the error as well. After some investigation I noticed that component being used was an old version. I had installed the the latest April build, but apparently the older version persisted. Once I actually removed the old version and correctly registered the newest version, the errors went way.

This goes for the Boolean and numerical string data validation mismatches I reported earlier.

Thanks for bearing with me and helping me to figure out what was going on in my environment.

Thanks
Chris