Boolean value validation error

May 20, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Been setting up some connectors to extract AD information and store in SQL tables. When I attempt to add a boolean value specifically displayOnWeb I get the following error.

TITLE: Editing Component

The component has detected potential metadata corruption during validation.
Error at Full(Initial) Load [Active Directory Domain [205]]: ActiveDirectoryETL.DesignTime.Validation.UnknownActiveDirectoryAttributeTypeException: Component encountered unknown Active Directory attribute type:Bool
at ActiveDirectoryETL.LDAPAttributes.ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryAttributeFactory.CreateAttribute(String attributeName)
at ActiveDirectoryETL.DesignTime.ColumnConfiguration.ColumnManagerDesignTime.CreateOutputColumnsBasedOnActiveDirectorySchema()
at ActiveDirectoryETL.ADDataflowSource.ReinitializeMetaData()
at ActiveDirectoryETL.ADDataflowSource.ValidateComponent()
at ActiveDirectoryETL.ADDataflowSource.Validate()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostValidate(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper)

I'm figuring that Booleans aren't handled yet? Or did I miss something?
```
Coordinator
May 20, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Hi Chris,
I don't think you are missing anything, I looked over my tests and I don't have a use case for a bool value, so that fact that you are getting an error does not surprise me.
I think I had problems finding an AD attribute that stores a bool. You mentioned displayOnWeb (does not seem like it is part of default AD Schema), would you be able to send me details on this attribute? This will help me making the necessary code changes.

I need to know the attributeSyntax, see command below to get the value.
Alternatively you could use Active Directory Schema snap-in to look up this value.
#May have to install AD PowerShell Tools first
Add-WindowsFeature RSAT-AD-PowerShell

Get-ADObject `
-Filter 'objectClass -eq "attributeSchema" -and cn -eq "displayOnWeb"' `
-SearchBase "CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=YourDomain,DC=com" `
-Properties attributeSyntax
Thanks
Alex.
May 21, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Alex,

Thanks for the reply. Here is the output from the GEt-ADObject command

attributeSyntax : 2.5.5.8
DistinguishedName : CN=Display On Web,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=xx,DC=xxxx,DC=xx,DC=xx
Name : Display On Web
ObjectClass : attributeSchema
ObjectGUID : cc454d8b-16bc-4716-a0ab-9acfa39dc619
Jun 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM
As I posted in the other thread. I had a version mismatch which was the cause of the problem. Once I removed the old version and got the latest version installed, I am able to import Boolean attributes.
Coordinator
Jun 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Thanks for letting me know.
Alex.