The LDAP server is unavailable.

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:23 PM
We have been using your component in SQL2008. Works fine. It's awesome.
Now we have SQL2012 and I cannot get the component to work. Every time I try to drag it into the DataFlow, it presents the error below.

It is driving me nuts! What am I missing?
Thanks in advance.

TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio

The component could not be added to the Data Flow task.

Could not initialize the component. There is a potential problem in the ProvideComponentProperties method.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Error at Data Flow Task [LDAP Source [3]]: System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapException: The LDAP server is unavailable.
at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.Connect()
at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.SendRequestHelper(DirectoryRequest request, Int32& messageID)
at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.SendRequest(DirectoryRequest request, TimeSpan requestTimeout)
at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.SendRequest(DirectoryRequest request)
at DirectoryServicesProtocolsExtensions.LdapConnection.Schema.GetDefaultNamingContextDN(LdapConnection ldapConnection)
at SsisLdapSource.InstantiationTime.CustomPropertiesDefaultValueFactory.GetBaseDN()
at SsisLdapSource.InstantiationTime.CustomProperties..ctor()
at SsisLdapSource.InstantiationTime.CustomPropertiesInitializer..ctor(IDTSComponentMetaData100 componentMetaData)
at SsisLdapSource.SsisLdapSource.ProvideComponentProperties()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostProvideComponentProperties(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper)

The LDAP server is unavailable. (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSPipelineWrap)

BUTTONS:

OK

Coordinator
Apr 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Hi,
Judging by the error message, it appears that you are using the SQL2008R2 component on the SQL2012 box. The way I came to this conclusion is by seeing the references to ITDSComponentMetaData100, on SQL2012 it should be 110.
I would uninstall the component and download the latest version. When downloading, make sure to grab the SQL2012 version of the component.
I hope this helps, let me know if you have any additional questions.
Alex.
Apr 12, 2013 at 10:14 AM