System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.DirectoryOperationException: An operation error occurred

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:33 PM
All,

I am getting the following error when trying to run an SSIS Package in SQL Server 2012 using the LDAP Source Component for 2012:-

"Populate Active Directory Object:Error: System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.DirectoryOperationException: An operation error occurred.
at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.ConstructResponse(Int32 messageId, LdapOperation operation, ResultAll resultType, TimeSpan requestTimeOut, Boolean exceptionOnTimeOut)
at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.SendRequest(DirectoryRequest request, TimeSpan requestTimeout)
at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.SendRequest(DirectoryRequest request)
at DirectoryServicesProtocolsExtensions.LdapConnection.Schema.GetSubschemaSubentryDN(LdapConnection ldapConnection)
at DirectoryServicesProtocolsExtensions.LdapConnection.Validation.ConnectivityValidator.TestConnectivity(LdapConnection ldapConnection)
at SsisLdapSource.SsisLdapSource.Validate()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostValidate(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper)"

The package runs fine in SSDT (using 32 bit) but not when I run it via the SQL Server Agent

Can anyone help me out

Thanks
Paul
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2013 at 4:45 AM
Hi Paul,
Based on the error, the validation failed due to the time-out while trying to bind to the LDAP host.
You mentioned that the package runs fine in SSDT, but fails when run under SQL Agent. Am I correct in assuming that in both cases the exactly same package is run, and from the same box?
What happens if you run the package using dtexec?
Is SQL Agent account an AD domain account?
Thanks
Alex.