Error Retrieving msExchMasterAccountSid

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Hi

Thanks for producing this - I'm just learning about SSIS and it's made making my first package a lot easier than I was expecting.

However, I've come across an error when trying to read a specific attribute from my source, which is really hindering my progress. I was wondering if you could either tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if the solution doesn't support reading this attribute, maybe another way I could do it?

Basically whenever I try and add the msExchMasterAccountSid attribute from my created AD source I get an error stating:

Attribute msExchMasterAccountSid is of type SID, currently only objectSID is supported for extraction

Is there a way I can read this attribute? Surely an objectSID is stored in the same way that the msExchMasterAccountSid is?

Thanks

Tom
Coordinator
Mar 8, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Hi Tom,
Judging by the error message you are using an older version of the component. Please, download the latest release.
The latest release is 1.4.0.3.
Once installed, you should see the following DLLs in GAC
SsisLdapSource (ver. 1.4.0.3), the same DLL should be in the c:\program files(x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\PipelineComponents
DirectoryServicesProtocolsExtensions (ver 1.4.0.3)
Remove the previous versions of the component, before installing this release. Note that I changed the name of the assembly to SsisLdapSource from LdapSource, so look for LdapSource of something similar to this, when removing the older versions.

With respect to objectSID.
One of the properties of the component is SidEncodedAttributes (see documentation section for more details), you could add the msExchMasterAccountSID value to the list (by default only ObjectSID is there). The component internally will try to convert the binary representation of the attributes specified in the SidEncodedAttributes into .NET SecurityIdentifier, and then convert this to string. I am assuming you are OK with string representation of SID. If not you could receive the SID as binary and then interpret it either within a script or at the destination. To get SID as binary simply leave the SidEncodedAttributes property empty.
Let me know if you have any additional questions.
Thanks
Alex.
Mar 19, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Hi Alex

That's brilliant, thank-you very much - for the tool, for your assistance, and with the speed in which you responded. From my experiences with other tools and forums I didn't expect a response so quickly, least of all a first time fix, so I am very pleased.

Thanks!